There are many different injuries that people in Baton Rouge suffer every day. The type of injury and the severity of the injuries can vary greatly though. Some injuries are major and do not have a great effect of people’s lives. It could be a broken leg or arm, internal injuries to organs, soft tissue injuries, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries and many other types of injuries.
Some of these injuries can cause major effects on people’s lives and could even cause permanent injuries that people will have for the rest of their lives. One of the injuries that can have that effect are traumatic brain injuries. The brain is the most important parts of the body. It controls everything that happens in the body. Dictates movements, allows people to problem solve and reason, speak, controls emotions and many other functions of the body. So, when it is injured and not working properly it affects the entire body.
Complications caused by traumatic brain injuries
The following are some complications caused by traumatic brain injuries
- Physical Complications – seizures, infections, vertigo, numbness in limbs, headaches, damage to blood vessels, comas, paralysis of the face, loss of taste and smell, double vision, ringing in ears or hearing loss and others.
- Intellectual Complications – trouble with memory, reasoning, problem-solving, judgment, decision-making, organization and others.
- Communication Problems – Difficulty reading, understanding others speaking, trouble having conversations, trouble understanding non-verbal cues and others.
- Behavioral Problems – difficulty with self-control, verbal outbursts, lack of awareness and others
- Emotional Problems – people may suffer from depression, anxiety, insomnia, mood swings and others
Traumatic injuries can be caused in many different ways and many people in Baton Rouge suffer from them every year. These injuries can also be costly as well. They require significant medical treatment and medical bills can add up quickly. If the injury was caused by the negligence of another though, the victim may be able to obtain compensation from the person who caused it. These can be difficult matters though and consulting with experienced attorneys could be beneficial.